Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Selling out

There are a few corporations out there that I have sworn off. Mostly because they offer poor product and poor customer service, but they somehow trick so many people into paying them that they don't care that they offer poor product and poor customer service. Take, for example, Cingular Wireless. (now, I know some people out there have no problem with Cingular, but I have to follow my own heart when I swear off a corporation :) )

But now... What can I do when Apple comes out with an 8 gig-widescreen-touchscreen music & video player/phone/internet device with a full-function web browser and voicemail that lets you pick messages from a list on the screen... and gives a multi-year exclusive contract to Cingular to run it!?

http://news.wired.com/news/culture/mac/0,72447-0.html?tw=wn_index_7


J

2 comments:

ADHR said...

Ya could wait a year until the price comes down, the memory goes up, and the exclusive contract with one service provider goes up in smoke. (I mean, seriously, if people buy this thing, there's no way Apple won't start diversifying the options in order to push more product.)

Anonymous said...

Or you could swear off another big corporation called Apple and it's iCrap :-)

Yes...I am ready to take a beating for that one...